Saturday, March 15, 2014

DPP: Exercise13: Managing Color




For this exercise, you should find two or three images that have what you judge to be a significant color case, as the main purpose of the exercise it to 'correct' it.






In my last post, a review of the Wells chapter on personal photography, I adjusted the color of a jpg scan from a photographic print from 1973.  Above is the uncorrected scan with blemishes in red circles.  I produced two corrected versions as I couldn't decided which color was best.  One is lsightly cooler, the other a touch warmer.



This weekend we had friends visiting from Japan and this morning I had the opportunity to correct an Auto capture made in a restaurant with I don't recall what kind of lighting.

In both cases, my approach was to use the LR dipper in a neutral spot within the image to set WB, then tinker with the levels to find something suitable.

#



No comments:

Post a Comment