Saturday, March 15, 2014

DPP: Exercise 14: Interpretative Processing



The purpose of this exercise is to experiment with interpretations of a photographic image through the tools provided in processing software.  My program of choice is Lightroom and included here are photos of recent vintage that were shot and processed before arriving at this exercise.  I display them here as evidence that I understand the intention of the exercise.

The first image was shot early morning and while the original may appear more like what you might see with the naked eye, I preferred a bit more warmth.  The original in the set below also appears to have been exposed properly, but to bring out the reflection, I need a slightly darker image with more contrast.





I also include one set produced specifically for this assignment.




The first image left is the original (as processed), followed by a sepia tone (with vignetting), and in anticipation of the next few exercises, monotone.  I don't particularly care for the antique look, but thought I'd trot it out here just to show that I understand what is required.

#

No comments:

Post a Comment