Thursday, August 20, 2015

Shoot like no one is ever going to look at the picture

Why not?  Of course, I'm not a commercial photographer, in which case I would have to worry very much about what the client thinks.  

To often we are bogged down by the need to conform to what is expected, or how a location has been shot before but my message to you is simple; create what makes you happy, don't worry about how many "Likes" you get or whether the judge at your local club will examine it, missing the point and give you a low score. 
Shoot from your heart, stay true to what you want to capture and enjoy making the images that bring a smile to your face. 
I always remember a phrase "Dance like no one is watching" I apply this to my photography; "Shoot like no one is going to see it" and then you can fully express yourself without fear or doubt. 
If you shoot like that you'll find your work gets noticed for the right reasons.
http://www.paulsanders.biz/blog/2014/5/seeing-things-differently 

No comments:

Post a Comment