Monday, April 28, 2014

Started: 36 hour Graphic Design course

While looking around for some basic training in Ps, I happened upon a computer training center in Karama offering 36 hours of small group training in Ps, Illustrator, and In Design.  At approximately US$500 it seems like a decent bargain, depending of course on the quality of instruction.  I started this morning with a young man from Kerala who does freelance design work as well as teaching at this institute.  We started out using Ps as a design tool and right away he was kicking my ass with stuff I had never tried nor seen taught in beginning Ps classes.  The first day wasn't so productive as I was prepared for his teaching style, which is:  show you a bunch of stuff, then say, ok, you do it, and walk away.  I will need to take more notes and ask more questions, but I think we can manage to get along.

#


No comments:

Post a Comment