Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Lightroom or Bridge

This week I started Photoshop CC Essential Training with Julieanne Kost through Lynda.com.

I have never done hours of training by video.  The advantage is that the teaching is precisely focused.  It's also one of the disadvantages.  There are no asides and no jokes.  It's all business and it goes at a pretty brisk clip.  I've had to stop the video or backtrack on several occasions because the teacher moves at her own experienced pace.  I'm doing this with two computers, one running the video, the other opened to the software in which I'm practicing.

The first 4 hours of the 14 hour course covers Bridge, which I had never heard of but which I have found is essentially another version of Lightroom tied to Photoshop.  Now I am wondering which might be better to use.  As an experienced LR user the choice seems obvious, but I wonder if there may be issues I'm not considering.  The video doesn't address this concern.

While most of what I've seen so far is pretty much what I already know, I did learn about a couple new things, including the targeted adjustment tool.

Next up - PS.

No comments:

Post a Comment