Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Street Shooting: Spotted



Camera in hand, I went back out to SZR yesterday, the first time in months.  It was a somewhat dispiriting experience.  I didn't feel like walking so I just sat on the lip of a window sill in front of the metro station and bus stop and watched the world walk by.  A Chinese girl tried to sell me a massage.  A South Asian tried to sell me an iphone, probably stolen.  A Filipino guy tried to sell me a loan.

And a Pakistani guy talked my ear off about rock music.  He saw my camera and said, you must be someone with an art degree.  No, just someone taking pictures.  What do you think of art, he asked?  Big question, I said.  Art with a capital A is difficult and seems to mean whatever happens to be in fashion.  Art with a small a is what happens every day in life.

I felt someone Chauncey Gardenerish.

When I reviewed my images I noticed a common theme - subjects discovering someone is photographing them







#

No comments:

Post a Comment