Thursday, May 14, 2015

P&P: Exercise 8: Varying the Pose

I'm not interested in posing people, and the people I tend to associate with who might be willing to help me are equally disinterested. I looked at some examples and even sent my model a copy as a suggestion of what we could do, but once we got together we found the poses somewhat absurd. He didn't offer and I didn't insist.  I'm 53, he's in his 40s.  Who cares?

Until I had the images lined up in a collage I didn't realize how similar they looked.  Damn. Not likely to redo these as time is pressing.  I spoke with someone at OCA who said I could get a maximum 6-month extension if I complete three assignments by July 03.  The gives me six weeks to knock the work out.  It won't be pretty, but it will be an interesting challenge.




Anyway, back to these images.  I shot with natural light at midday, some filtered through polarized glass, as well as with banks of fluorescents overhead.  Biggest disappointment was not paying enough attention to backgrounds.  The blue eraser is irritating and as my Photoshop subscription has expired I don't have a good tool for dealing with it.  Let it be.  

I shot at 55mm, the extreme end of my lens.  No bokeh with the kit lens, but I avoided the distortion of 18mm.  Good job, Jeff.  







 #

No comments:

Post a Comment