Saturday, January 12, 2013

Holiday snaps workflow



I shot just over 1000 images in 10 days in Israel and Jordan.  Actually nine, as I spent the last day in bed sick and never touched my camera.

It probably took as long to sort and edit these photos as it did to shoot them.  I should have kept better track, but I'll have to do now with a rough estimate.


My first pass in Lightroom was in Library mode with thumbnails set to show about 15 images per screen.  I flagged those that looked promising.  This got me down to about 120 images, which I went through one-by-one, tweaking exposure, cropping, and rotating.  This took a couple of sessions over a couple of days.  Along the way I found perhaps 30 images that were unworkable or simply uninteresting.  I waited a day or two and then went through the flagged images again, knocking out several more that didn't seem worthwhile, and by now I was down to 78 photos.  I exported these from Lightroom into Picasa, which has a great - but not yet perfect - collage creator.  I then spent several hours experimenting with different combinations of images at different sizes to create nine collages from 44 images.

The results are here.

#

No comments:

Post a Comment