Tuesday, November 4, 2014

P&P: Exercise 2: Thinking About Location











This is an exercise in scouting portrait locations requiring at least six images of backgrounds.  While there are many interesting locations around Dubai that include desert, mountains, seasides and old villages, I stuck to immediate surroundings in the city, which is where I do most of my shooting.  A couple of these might seem like odd choices as they either have strong detail in the background (such as the women's face, or the shopping couple), or just wouldn't figure in most _conventional_ portrait shoots, like the fire hose taps or the tree in the parking lot.  But I figure, why not?  Depending on how you shoot the subject and what kind of feeling or ideas you wish to elicit, almost any background can be workable and interesting.  

I haven't yet returned to one of these with a subject,.  Hopefully, that will happen this weekend.

#

No comments:

Post a Comment