Saturday, February 22, 2014

Entered: The Royal Photographic Society International Print Exhibition





I have just registered, paid, and submitted four images for this annual competition, my first such entry in any photographic competition anywhere, anytime. I have never felt confident enough to do this before.  I don't know that there is any one thing that has made the difference, but perhaps a series of events, including my better than average results from my first course, and the occasional compliment from friends and associates.  I think, too, that sampling a wide variety of images over the past couple of years has made me realize how vast the spectrum of interest and taste is. Really, most anything could be competitive depending on how the image is contextualized.

I felt, too, that this particualr contest might be a good place to start as it requires a minimal fee and so will as a result have a lot fewer entrants than one that is entirely free.  

Plus, it's a rather old and prestigious contest, and it's always a good feeling to take part in a tradition that includes so many past photographers (possibly even a few great ones).






#

11 April

Finalists announced today and I was not one of them.  

Back to work. 

#

No comments:

Post a Comment