Sunday, November 18, 2012

Back to work

Two weeks ago I posted three exercises to this blog.  Between then and last night I didn't touch my camera.  I wasn't deliberately avoiding it.  I just got busy with other projects and felt I didn't have time to devote to the next exercise, and so was waiting for a time when I did.  That happened yesterday afternoon, when I went on a walk looking for triangles in my neighborhood.   What struck me was how comfortable it felt to be  walking the street with the camera.  It's not clear why that might be, aside from the obvious idea of the pleasantry associated with habit.   Perhaps it is because with the camera in hand and assignment in mind, my walks are journeys with a purpose.  As I walk, I look more intently than I might otherwise, and in the process see things I might not otherwise.  Not that I have discovered anything terribly insightful, but clearly the process feels different - and not unpleasant.

#


No comments:

Post a Comment